By offering an environmental and natural resources program, Benjamin Russell High School kills two birds with one stone, teaching kids about w…
Next month, Ferst Readers of Tallapoosa County is hosting its third annual Fish for Ferst Bass Tournament fundraiser.
The Alexander City Board of Education hired Cody Patterson as its new chief school financial officer Thursday, to take over from Rhonda Blythe…
Tallassee High dispatched Reeltown on senior night in four innings as three home runs left the yard off the bats of Lexi Love, Brooke Royster and Ella Thrash for the 17-2 victory.
Rising ninth graders at Benjamin Russell High School have committed to the future of the program with a glorious signing day.
This week’s Outlook Fan’s Choice Player of the Week is Holt Tidwell from Horseshoe Bend School, bringing the honor to the Generals.
Lake Scene Directory
- 3 investigations, 7 arrests and 268 grams of drugs off the street
- UPDATE: FOUND SAFE Law enforcement search for missing Dadeville woman
- Tallapoosa County property tax sale change is near
- Outlook Fan's Choice Poll nominees
- Getting to Know: Aubrey Blackwell, Benjamin Russell
- Superintendent gives construction updates for Dadeville, Reeltown and Horseshoe Bend
- Alexander City Board of Education selects Cody Patterson as new CSFO
- A Family Tradition
- Chad Wilson making it big at home and in Belgium
- Mrs. Frances Bowling Wilbanks
- BRHS Freshman Signing Day 2021
- PHOTOS: Alexander City Fire Department holds training fire
- PHOTOS: Floyd's Feed and Seed still growing
- PHOTOS: Benjamin Russell called out on the paths a few times in close plays against Wetumpka
- PHOTOS: Dadeville outlasts Reeltown in softball action
- PHOTOS: Benjamin Russell tops Sylacauga in 18-6 game
- PHOTOS: Elmore County defeats Horseshoe Bend
- PHOTOS: Not just an egg hunt, an EGGstravaganza
- PHOTOS: CACC baseball swept by Southern Union State Community College
- PHOTOS: BRHS hosted Wetumpka in tennis action
For the past decade or so, "brain drain" — in which the young and educated flee their hometowns, taking their brains and economic potential with them — has been the dominating narrative for the rural south. The problem is a vicious cycle, as the more people leave, the fewer reasons there ar…