It’s a big sigh of relief for healthcare workers at Russell Medical.
Alabama’s 10th annual severe weather preparedness sales tax holiday begins at 12:01am Friday, Feb. 26 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Sunday Feb. 28.
A Tuesday evening Junior Leadership Lake Martin (JrLLM) meeting resulted in a new collaboration with Central Alabama Community College intended to provide educational opportunities in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics to all Tallapoosa County and Alexander City schools studen…
The Poarch Band of Creek Indians and the operators of Victoryland and Greenetrack would be the only groups allowed to operate full-gaming casinos and sports betting if proposed legislation is approved by legislators and voters.
It was cold and icy as anglers back their boats down the ramps Saturday morning for the Lake Martin stop of the Alabama Bass Trail. But the weather didn’t stop the fisherman.
The Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) is partnering with several private and commercial laboratories in the state to expand its ability to identify COVID-19 strains that are known to be more transmissible and may sabotage current progress of reducing cases in the state.
Nuts and bolts are the basic building blocks to almost everything — even becoming a firefighter.
Dadeville Elementary and Dadeville High School are switching to a week of remote learning with at least 16 employees in quarantine, Tallapoosa County Schools announced just as class let out Thursday.
Lake Scene Directory
- Alex City Schools unveils Lake Martin-style BRHS campus design that'll be an 'economic shot in the arm'
- Geriatric center comes to Russell Medical thanks to largest ever gift
- 'I see daily how the system is failing': Cop and correctional officer fundraise to build transitional housing
- Plane crashes on Lake Martin
- Russell Medical beginning to relax COVID-19 restrictions
- Downtown Alexander City will survive
- Alabama native nods to 'rich canvas' of Coosa County childhood in debut poetry anthology
- No concessions made on Dadeville concession stand
- Camp Hill mayor calls on citizens to 'be a participator, not a spectator'
- Alex City Schools students recognized for ACT and All-State excellence
- PHOTOS: students PAWS virtual learning for an hour to deliver supplies to humane society
- PHOTOS: Benjamin Russell baseball vs Beauregard
- PHOTOS: Dadeville Beautification Board is at it again
- PHOTOS: Seaplane crash lands on Lake Martin
- PHOTOS: Downtown Alexander City
- PHOTOS: Old Russell Main Office
- PHOTOS: Horseshoe Bend softball comes up just short in rally against Sylacauga
- PHOTOS: Lake Martin Area United Way Wedding & Event Expo at The Mitchell House in Dadeville
- PHOTOS: Horseshoe Bend tops Faith Christian baseball
- PHOTOS: BRHS topples Elmore County with mid-game rally
Walmart and Sam's Club will begin offering COVID-19 vaccinations in several Alabama locations including Alexander City beginning Feb. 12, the retail company announced Tuesday.
COVID-19 cases in Tallapoosa County Schools have fallen by about two-thirds in the past month following a statewide decline in new cases.
Some churches are ornate. Some churches are simple. Some churches are in strip malls. Some churches stand tall with steeples and bells. But one local church is different — its congregation is meeting in a nightclub.
The Tallapoosa County Board of Education is considering raising substitute teacher pay by $15 a day due to difficulty attracting subs amid the pandemic.
Tallapoosa County COVID-19 deaths rose by 10% in less than two weeks from 101 to 112 confirmed deaths, according to data from the Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH).
The Biden administration announced Tuesday that it would increase vaccine distribution to States, Tribes and territories by 5 percent as increased funding and the comprehensive National Strategy turns vaccines into vaccinations. This comes days after the United States hit the milestone of mo…
In the 14th century, Giovanni Boccaccio's The Decameron depicted ten Florentines who had absconded to a countryside villa in order to escape the Black Death. Coming out of 2020, the Lake Martin real estate market tells a very similar story.
The Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) launched its online portal Monday for individuals to check their eligibility and make appointments for COVID-19 vaccinations at county health departments.
Healthcare providers in Tallapoosa County are unsure where last Friday’s 457 new COVID-19 cases came from but say they have been following reporting procedures consistently.
The Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) will extend eligibility for COVID-19 vaccinations to include people 65 or older and additional groups of frontline workers, starting Feb. 8.
The Tallapoosa County Health Department is now offering COVID-19 vaccinations to qualifying residents out of its Alexander City office, Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) announced Tuesday.
Tallapoosa County COVID-19 cases rose by 457 Friday, more than seven times its previous single-day record, due to a "backlog of test results," Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) said.
Alabama Department of Labor secretary Fitzgerald Washington announced today that Alabama’s preliminary, seasonally adjusted December unemployment rate is 3.9%, down from November’s rate of 4.4%, and above December 2019’s rate of 2.7%. December’s rate represents 87,534 unemployed persons, com…