Earlier this month, The Outlook reported on Orlando Withers, the Alexander City native commemorating a local African-American icon a day on his Facebook page in honor of Black History Month, alongside excerpts of the first 14 posts.
A $25 million gift from the Russell family will create a geriatric medicine program at Russell Medical in addition to other opportunities for senior citizens in the area.
Architects for the new Benjamin Russell High School unveiled their completed renderings Tuesday — a lodge-style building with an imposing presence on U.S. Highway 280.
Dadeville High School and Dadeville Elementary School will reopen for face-to-face learning Friday after a week of remote learning due to a "lunch staff issue," Tallapoosa County Schools superintendent Raymond Porter said.
Dadeville High School's baseball team will continue its full-season schedule with a fully-operational concession stand at home games, Tallapoosa County Schools confirmed Wednesday.
Alabama’s 10th annual severe weather preparedness sales tax holiday begins at 12:01am Friday, Feb. 26 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Sunday Feb. 28.
The Dadeville Beautification Board mounted commemorative plaques below more than 50 trees Saturday. Each plaque reads the graduation year of a sponsoring Dadeville High School alumni class.
Lake Scene Directory
- Alex City Schools unveils Lake Martin-style BRHS campus design that'll be an 'economic shot in the arm'
- Geriatric center comes to Russell Medical thanks to largest ever gift
- 'I see daily how the system is failing': Cop and correctional officer fundraise to build transitional housing
- Plane crashes on Lake Martin
- Russell Medical beginning to relax COVID-19 restrictions
- Downtown Alexander City will survive
- Alabama native nods to 'rich canvas' of Coosa County childhood in debut poetry anthology
- No concessions made on Dadeville concession stand
- Camp Hill mayor calls on citizens to 'be a participator, not a spectator'
- Alex City Schools students recognized for ACT and All-State excellence
- PHOTOS: students PAWS virtual learning for an hour to deliver supplies to humane society
- PHOTOS: Benjamin Russell baseball vs Beauregard
- PHOTOS: Dadeville Beautification Board is at it again
- PHOTOS: Seaplane crash lands on Lake Martin
- PHOTOS: Downtown Alexander City
- PHOTOS: Old Russell Main Office
- PHOTOS: Horseshoe Bend softball comes up just short in rally against Sylacauga
- PHOTOS: Lake Martin Area United Way Wedding & Event Expo at The Mitchell House in Dadeville
- PHOTOS: Horseshoe Bend tops Faith Christian baseball
- PHOTOS: BRHS topples Elmore County with mid-game rally
Nuts and bolts are the basic building blocks to almost everything — even becoming a firefighter.
Dadeville Elementary and Dadeville High School are switching to a week of remote learning with at least 16 employees in quarantine, Tallapoosa County Schools announced just as class let out Thursday.
Dadeville Elementary and Dadeville High School are switching to a week of remote learning starting Friday, Feb. 19 due to a staffing shortage, Tallapoosa County Schools announced Thursday.
This semester, Central Alabama Community College (CACC) opened its doors for face-to-face learning for the first time this academic year. Now newly-appointed president Jeff Lynn is looking for ways to open CACC's doors to the community.
Alexander City Police and Alexander City Fire Department responded to a two-vehicle wreck Wednesday afternoon near the intersection of U.S. Highway 280 and Dadeville Road.
On the day Ashley Finley's water broke, she sat in the hospital bed googling, "do babies make it at 26 weeks?"
Despite the cold, fishing should be good on Lake Martin Saturday for the annual stop of the Alabama Bass Trail and its $10,000 first place prize.
Alexander City Schools will go remote Tuesday "out of an abundance of caution" due to the freezing weather forecast, the school district announced Monday.
The Dadeville Beautification Board thanked the Tallapoosa County Commission Monday for its donation to help decorate the courthouse square for Christmas.
With the legislature back in session, education lobbyists are looking for reform not just to hold onto Alabama's teachers, but attract new ones to the field.
Rioters were inside the U.S. Capitol as Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-Alabama) told then president Donald Trump by phone, vice president Mike Pence was evacuated.
Alabama Community College System (ACCS) chancellor Jimmy H. Baker announced the appointment of Jeff Lynn as president of Central Alabama Community College (CACC) at a board of trustees meeting Wednesday. Lynn had been acting president since June.
Walmart and Sam's Club will begin offering COVID-19 vaccinations in several Alabama locations including Alexander City beginning Feb. 12, the retail company announced Tuesday.
COVID-19 cases in Tallapoosa County Schools have fallen by about two-thirds in the past month following a statewide decline in new cases.