The United Nations World Tourism Organization celebrates World Tourism Day every year on Sept. 27. This is the 40th anniversary of the annual worldwide recognition of tourism, and this year’s theme is focused on “Tourism and Rural Development.”
A little piece of Italy will be making its way to downtown Alexander City when Castelluccio Italian restaurant opens on 107 Main St.
When Hurricane Sally swept through Alabama, Lake Martin’s Southern neighbors took the brunt of her hit. Due to the high volume of wreckage, sunken boats and massive debris, Tallapoosa County resident Chad Gilliland’s company Backwater Marine Towing and Salvage was called to service.
The term “to protect and to serve” was coined in 1955 and has become the official motto of the police academy. To show honor and respect for this service, a Back the Blue event was held at the Tallapoosa County Courthouse on Thursday morning.
Boats, dogs, computers, wireless internet and pickleball courts may sound like toys but City of Alexander City employees said they are needed to serve residents better.
Lake Scene Directory
- Victim identified after human remains found in Coosa County last weekend
- Alexander City police chief asks for prayers for officer
- A brotherhood beyond the blue line: Machen an integral part of ACPD family
- Bigfoot hunter arrested for attempted murder
- Bradley J. Sanford
- No decision from Alexander City City Council on Benson Community Center
- Who should get the job? Q&A allows voters to compare Alex City mayoral candidates
- Castelluccio to offer fine dining, quality service in downtown Alexander City
- Alex City Schools approves virtual academy lease
- Alabama begins Lost Wages Assistance Program
- PHOTOS: Tallapoosa County organizes Back the Blue event
- PHOTOS: Horseshoe Bend remains unbeaten with win over Central Coosa
- PHOTOS: Benjamin Russell takes care of business against Central Coosa
- PHOTOS: High School Football Benjamin Russell hosts Smiths Station
- PHOTOS: Boat takes on water on Lake Martin during parade
- Lake Martin's salvage crew battles hurricane cleanup
- PHOTOS: Wetumpka football visits Benjamin Russell
- PHOTOS: Kiwanis Clay Shoot
- PHOTOS: High School Football Southern Prep
- PHOTOS: Dadeville gets impressive region win on Saturday
CHAMBER PULSE — Strand Sessions, the Lake Martin Young Professionals’ spring and summer monthly concert series, is returning for one more month as part of Sun Festival. Originally scheduled for June then postponed to August, Sun Fest is finally slated to take place Monday, Sept. 28 through S…
Dadeville resident Richard Lucas vividly remembers Mother’s Day 2019 when his wife, Wanda, started gasping for breath and went into a full seizure as soon as they got into bed.
The City of Alexander City has historically provided more monies to Alexander City Schools than what residents pay in ad valorem and sales taxes.
There is only one more week to submit artwork for Lake Martin Living’s Art and Photography contest as the deadline is quickly approaching. Submissions are due to TPI at 548 Cherokee Rd. by 5 p.m. Friday.
Alexander City’s mayoral candidates are laser focused as they continue along the campaign trail before the Oct. 6 runoff election.
Tallapoosa Publishers Inc.’s Dadeville mayoral debate set for Monday has been canceled. The debate had been scheduled for 5:30 p.m. at Dadeville High School with a professional moderator lined up to assist.
Tallapoosa County keeps working its way closer to the championship goal for the Alabama Census Bowl by winning against Russell County in Round 2. Tallapoosa County is among the top four counties to receive the highest signup increase this week for the U.S. Census at a .5% increase. That leav…
The double capital murder case revolving around the 1999 death of a Coosa County mother and daughter is headed to Coosa County grand jury.
VBR Records of Trussville in partnership with the World Famous Rodeo Club of Dadeville will host country music icon Mickey Gilley on Oct. 3. Gilley, along with nationally acclaimed country artists and songwriter Bobby Luster, will appear live at The Rodeo Club.