A murder suspect is no longer on the run.
It’s not in AmTech receptionist Mary Ann Traylor’s job description to organize fundraisers. The money she and her colleagues raised for breast cancer was entirely her own initiative.
The Great Pumpkin Patch at Strand Park may be delayed but it’s still set to happen next week. After a setback due to a shortage of trucks and drivers needed to transport the pumpkins from a farm in New Mexico to Alexander City, the pumpkins are loaded up and headed this way.
While the COVID-19 pandemic has encouraged many students to go virtual and learn new online platforms, one local accredited school wants to remind the public it has always been virtual and not skipped a beat during the unknown changes in education.
After years of intensive planning and behind-the-scenes work, the Alabama Historical Commission (AHC) is proud to announce a new digital public resource — Historic Preservation Map Initiative.
Alexander City Mayor Tommy Spraggins and city council president Tim Funderburk sat through their last council meeting as city officials Monday but not without remembering the progress the city has made in four years.
Lake Martin Lake Realtor Angela VanHouten was honored with the Big Wave Award for her outstanding sales performance at the seventh annual Lake Homes Realty National Agent Virtual Summit held Oct. 14-15.
Lake Scene Directory
- Arrest made in community center murder
- Arrest made in front of Tallapoosa County Courthouse after police respond to unresponsive woman in parked car
- Slowly but surely accident victims recovering
- Dadeville’s ‘Wickles Pickles’ relishes White House recognition
- Alabama College Application Week invites students to apply without fees
- ADPH rates counties based on COVID-19 risk factors
- Alexander City utility rates likely to increase
- Tallapoosa County BOE evaluates future projects
- Alexander City City Council looking forward but thankful for last 4 years
- Levis Mason Whatley
- PHOTOS: Horseshoe Bend volleyball advances to state playoffs
- PHOTOS: Horseshoe Bend continues playoff domination with 3-0 win over Washington County
- PHOTOS: Benjamin Russell dominates in second straight win
- PHOTOS: Dadeville defeats Beulah
- PHOTOS: Dadeville at Reeltown
- PHOTOS: United Way hosts 'Shop, Sip and Support' fundraiser on Main Street
- PHOTOS: Pumpkin carving at Wind Creek State Park
- PHOTOS: Alabama Bass Trail Championship Day 1
- PHOTOS: Trump Bus in Alex City through Saturday
- PHOTOS: 40th Annual Oktoberfest at the Charles E. Bailey Sportplex in Alexander City
The United Martial Arts Academy in downtown Alexander City is offering self-defense classes for men and women in the Tallapoosa County area the next two weekends.
In response to a need for increased funding in North Alabama, the Joy to Life Foundation has offered to expand its efforts and provide funds statewide for breast cancer screenings for women through the Alabama Department of Public Health’s Alabama Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection P…
Halloween during a pandemic can be difficult to enjoy the many festivities but according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there are steps to still partake in the fun.
Main Street Alexander City director Stacey Jeffcoat received notice today from Pumpkin Patch Fundraisers the truck scheduled for Saturday delivery to Strand Park will be delayed.
The Alabama Department of Economic and Community Affairs (ADECA) — in alignment with Alabama Counts — announced Wednesday the U.S. Census Bureau has now appointed the final deadline for the 2020 census as Thursday, Oct. 15. This new date was set after the bureau announced a previous Oct. 31 …
New Style Church volunteers, along with help from the Housing Authority and Bridge Builders, distribute food weekly at 694 Ann St. for those in need. This week's boxes of food contain meat, dairy, produce and more. Cars were lined up for miles to drive by and pick up packages. Volunteers wer…
Fall is in full swing and Halloween is right around the corner. What better way to celebrate than picking out pumpkins for decoration, to carve or simply with which to enjoy fall festivities?
New Style Church has been feeding thousands of residents across Tallapoosa County and surrounding areas since July and is in desperate need of volunteers to continue this much-needed service.
When Alexander City resident Ashley Gaddis got the call more than a week ago her husband, Jarman, had gotten into a bad car accident, she was overwhelmed with emotion not even knowing if he was alive.
Gov. Kay Ivey last Tuesday announced Alabama has been awarded $17.8 million to provide opportunities for Alabama workers that have been displaced by COVID-19 to develop new skills in high demand industries.
Weather kept some vendors and guests away from the 40th Annual Oktoberfest at the Charles E. Bailey Sportplex but many more came out and took part in the annual tradition under light rain.
Today, Gov. Kay Ivey called on Alabamians to pay tribute to healthcare heroes for their continued efforts in fighting COVID-19. In her proclamation, Ivey asked Alabamians to thank these heroes by leaving their porch lights on every Friday in October and showing their appreciation at school s…
The Alabama National Guard 214th Military Police Company of Alexander City deployed last month to Kenosha, Wisconsin and could deploy again to help provide support to law enforcement during and after protests if needed.
More than three million dogs are awaiting homes at animal shelters and rescue groups across the United States and a push is being made in October to find these dogs a home.