A recent spate of COVID-19 exposures has left over 100 students currently in quarantine at Dadeville High School and Dadeville Elementary School, according to Tallapoosa County Board of Education data.
Gov. Kay Ivey on Tuesday announced, for the third year in a row, Alabama reported a record number of foster care adoptions. In fiscal year 2020, there were 814 foster care adoptions, which is an all-time record for the state. That is up from the previous year’s record of 731 adoptions.
Goodwater resident and Dadeville native Lastarla Williams is in a baking competition called "The Greatest Baker," and she is seeking votes to help her progress in the competition.Williams won first place in her group and is now in the quarterfinals. She could win a grand prize of $10,000."I …
For the safety of travelers and road construction and maintenance workers, the Alabama Department of Transportation will have no temporary lane closures on interstates during the Thanksgiving holiday from noon on Wednesday, Nov. 25, through 11:59 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 29.
There has been less traffic and fewer traffic crashes reported in Alabama during the pandemic, but caution is urged for drivers over the holidays because although there have been fewer crashes reported, there have been more fatal crashes than traffic patterns would suggest.
If you haven’t gotten your flu shot already, the Alabama Department of Public Health, the Medical Association of the State of Alabama and the Alabama Hospital Association encourage you to get vaccinated for influenza.
Lake Scene Directory
- Two incidents lead to multiple drug-related arrests in Dadeville
- Alexander City Police Department warns as criminals steal credit information at area gas stations
- Two killed in Friday accident on U.S. Highway 280
- Four new COVID-19 cases at Horseshoe Bend have 70 students quarantined for exposure
- Three injured in Dennis Creek collision
- Dadeville man arrested following bloody assault
- Speakers demand answers on building updates and bus driver pay at Tallapoosa County board meeting
- Arrest made after chase from Coosa County ends in Alex City
- Mr. Douglas Floyd Patterson
- Lakewinds to host fundraiser for teenage cancer patient
- PHOTOS: Dadeville coach Michael Taylor hosts speed and agility camp for local athletes
- PHOTOS: Horseshoe Bend handles business on Friday versus Donoho
- PHOTOS: Alexander City Chamber hosts annual Holiday Open House
- PHOTOS: Dadeville travels to Elmore County on Monday to start basketball season
- PHOTOS: Horseshoe Bend opened its season on the road Friday at Elmore County
- PHOTOS: Benjamin Russell tipped off its basketball season at home on Tuesday
- PHOTOS: Elvis visits Horseshoe Bend's halftime show
- PHOTOS: 'Tis the season for Dadeville's Christmas Open House
- PHOTOS: Seniors roll Dadeville Senior Center
Tallapoosa County has had 25 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the last two days, according to data from the Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH), bringing the total number of confirmed cases to 1,215 since March.
Georgia will conduct a hand recount of the presidential race in which Joe Biden currently holds a 14,000-vote lead, Georgia secretary of state Brad Raffensperger announced this morning.
MONTGOMERY – The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency (ALEA) is warning citizens to beware of third-party websites when renewing their driver licenses online.
A recent situation involving pepper spray prompted Tallapoosa County Board of Education members to discuss the system’s policies on pepper spray and alternative school transportation.
Gov. Kay Ivey has awarded $2.57 million to encourage new and continuing research that will result in products and services that will improve the lives of Alabamians either from the products themselves or from new job opportunities.
Local biker groups Outcast Riding Family and One Love One Goal Riderz are organizing a supply drive for foster care in Tallapoosa, Coosa and Talledega counties on Saturday, Dec. 5.
The southern states received 737,622 new business applications last quarter, accounting for nearly half of the country total according to new data from the U.S. Census Bureau.
The Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) made its COVID-19 vaccine distribution and administration plan available to the public on Friday. The goal of the plan is to immunize everyone who is eligible to receive a safe, effective and approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Tea and smoothie shop Tallapoosa Nutrition will be raising money for Dadeville native Maddie McClendon on Monday, Nov. 9, with 20% of sales going to the McClendon family to help pay for her cancer treatment.
Joe Biden has taken the lead in Georgia and Pennsylvania this morning, putting him on the cusp of winning the electoral college vote with 264 delegates already, the Associated Press (AP) reports. Biden needs 270 delegates to win the presidency.
Stay tuned to this link for any and all live updates and results, including how Tallapoosa County voted. Republicans carried the county. Read all the details on how the county voted here.