Two Alexander City Board of Education candidates interviewed with city council during a work session Thursday as Denise Bates' five-year term comes to a close.
The Tallapoosa County Board of Education approved a bundle of new hires, retirements, resignations and transfers Monday, including a new Dadeville Elementary principal, two new Horseshoe Bend assistant principals and one Reeltown assistant principal.
Eleven young authors at Jacob's Ladder Creative Learning Center signed autographs for fans Friday following their successful literary debuts.
Tallapoosa County Department of Human Resources director Brenda Floyd is cautiously optimistic about child abuse in the last year.
Central Alabama Community College (CACC) has announced it will host in-person commencement ceremonies this semester.
By offering an environmental and natural resources program, Benjamin Russell High School kills two birds with one stone, teaching kids about wildlife and getting some free campus landscaping while they're at it.
Next month, Ferst Readers of Tallapoosa County is hosting its third annual Fish for Ferst Bass Tournament fundraiser.
Lake Scene Directory
- 3 investigations, 7 arrests and 268 grams of drugs off the street
- UPDATE: First responders find Thursday drowning victim in Lake Martin just after 5 p.m. Friday
- The Auburn family that owns half of Camp Hill's empty units seeks to restore them one by one
- Dadeville rezones Day Street to make way for chicken finger franchise Guthrie's
- UPDATE: Found Safe
- UPDATE: FOUND SAFE Law enforcement search for missing Dadeville woman
- Changing of the guard continues at Tallapoosa County Schools, including new DES principal
- Alexander City utility billing and new accounts change Monday
- Outlook Fan's Choice Poll nominees
- Coore & Crenshaw golf course coming to Wicker Point
- BRHS Freshman Signing Day 2021
- PHOTOS: Not just an egg hunt, an EGGstravaganza
- PHOTOS: Alexander City Fire Department holds training fire
- PHOTOS: Main Street Alexander City Third Thursday
- PHOTOS: Dadeville outlasts Benjamin Russell baseball
- PHOTOS: Dadeville honors Anfernee Jennings
- PHOTOS: Floyd's Feed and Seed still growing
- PHOTOS: Benjamin Russell called out on the paths a few times in close plays against Wetumpka
- PHOTOS: Reeltown tops Dadeville to claim area title
- PHOTOS: Dadeville outlasts Reeltown in softball action
Alexander City Schools is increasing its budget to reflect a rise in, among several of its income streams, beer tax revenue.
Bessemer City Middle School principal and Tallapoosa County native Lisa Heard has been approved as the new principal of Alexander City Middle School by the board of education, superintendent Dr. Keith Lankford confirmed Friday.
Alexander City Schools plans to keep its mask mandate after April 9 but hopes to be mask-less by May, superintendent Dr. Keith Lankford told school board members Thursday.
At the beginning of the pandemic Central Alabama Community College (CACC) welding instructor D.J. James was faced with a dilemma. How does one instruct the 41 students in the hands-on skill of welding though the internet.
When Alexander City Schools said it was "likely" to continue its indoor mask mandate after the state one expires April 9, a lively debate was sparked on Facebook with parents, teachers and other adults in the community piling on.
Sujindren Selvanayagam, or Mr. S. as his eighth-grade pre-algebra students know him, has failed more than one math class in his life. "No doubt about it" it's made him a better teacher, he says.
The Tallapoosa County Board of Education approved the appointment of one principal and the transfer of two others Monday, all of which will take effect after spring break.
V. Robinson Head Start employees handed out blue drawstring bags containing gloves, masks, disinfectant and soap to parents during drop-off Friday morning.
Benjamin Russell grad and Troy University sophomore Dylan Riley arrived on foot in Panama City Beach, Florida Wednesday following an ordeal he described as "probably the most physically and mentally challenging thing I've ever experienced."
Earlier this month, The Outlook reported on Orlando Withers, the Alexander City native commemorating a local African-American icon a day on his Facebook page in honor of Black History Month, alongside excerpts of the first 14 posts.
Architects for the new Benjamin Russell High School unveiled their completed renderings Tuesday — a lodge-style building with an imposing presence on U.S. Highway 280.
Dadeville High School and Dadeville Elementary School will reopen for face-to-face learning Friday after a week of remote learning due to a "lunch staff issue," Tallapoosa County Schools superintendent Raymond Porter said.
Dadeville High School's baseball team will continue its full-season schedule with a fully-operational concession stand at home games, Tallapoosa County Schools confirmed Wednesday.
Coosa native Rodney Terich Leonard, 50, has now lived outside the county almost twice as long as he's lived in it.
The Dadeville Beautification Board mounted commemorative plaques below more than 50 trees Saturday. Each plaque reads the graduation year of a sponsoring Dadeville High School alumni class.