The Alexander City Police Department has found credit card skimmers in Alexander City and is warning store owners and the public.
The wheels of justice turn slow for some. The COVID-19 pandemic stopped those wheels for eight months but now the wheels are moving forward again, just a little slower.
TPI's Santana Wood and Siri Hedreen bring you the latest tri-county news including a high speed police chase and weekend events while sports writer Ryne Gallacher shares area sports news.
Lake Scene Directory
- Wreck claims life of Alexander City woman
- Two incidents lead to multiple drug-related arrests in Dadeville
- Alexander City Police Department warns as criminals steal credit information at area gas stations
- Number of Dadeville students in quarantine more than doubles Monday, 41 new at DHS, 36 at DES
- Authorities looking for missing teen last seen in Tallapoosa County
- Coosa reports highest single-day COVID-19 increase
- Philip Edward East
- Jury trials to resume in Tallapoosa County
- Ms. Janet Carole Washburn
- Mr. Charles Floyd McCollum
- PHOTOS: Dadeville coach Michael Taylor hosts speed and agility camp for local athletes
- PHOTOS: Black Friday shoppers go local, if it all
- PHOTOS: Horseshoe Bend handles business on Friday versus Donoho
- PHOTOS: Alexander City Chamber hosts annual Holiday Open House
- PHOTOS: Dadeville travels to Elmore County on Monday to start basketball season
- PHOTOS: Benjamin Russell tipped off its basketball season at home on Tuesday
- PHOTOS: Horseshoe Bend opened its season on the road Friday at Elmore County
- PHOTOS: Alexander City residents celebrate Halloween with trick or treat fun
- PHOTOS: Dadeville Trick or Treat 2020
Antwian Laquan Morgan, 20, of Dadeville has been named as the victim who died as a result of the shooting at Benson’s Community Center on Sunday. His name was released Wednesday afternoon.
The Tallapoosa County Sheriff’s Department and the Central Intelligence Division (CID) -Army, Fort Benning, Georgia have been conducting an investigation regarding the sexual abuse of two individuals under the age of 16.
The Tallapoosa County Sheriff’s Department and Tallapoosa County Narcotics Task Force have taken more drugs and weapons off the streets during two separate investigations.
The Alexander City Police Department is still investigating an assault investigation that occurred off Highway 22 and now it's asking the public for help.
Amanda M. Milford has been ordered to pay back nearly $60,000 in restitution and avoids jail time after a first-degree theft charge related to her time as district administrative coordinator of the Tallapoosa County Soil and Water and Conservation District.
The Coosa County Sheriff’s Office announced the arrest of Joe Daniel Stallions for the 1999 murder of Bobbie Dale Ingram, 38, and her daughter Jodi Angelia Stallions, 17, on Thursday.
Law enforcement are scratching their heads after a police chase involving nearly a dozen police vehicles ended at Blue Creek on Wednesday afternoon.
The coffee shop Nirvana Latte that was set to open next to Zazu’s Verandah in downtown Dadeville will no longer be opening. The potential owners, also owners of Dyed Pirates in Dadeville, decided to not pursue the venture. Zazu’s owners Rick and Mitzy Hidding, own the building where the coff…
Local law enforcement reported a relatively quiet Fourth of July weekend as state law enforcement reported one accidental drowning on Lake Martin.