Do you have a knack for creating eye-catching designs that standout and create a buzz?
If you think you can create inspiring, colorful, music-oriented original artwork to become the face of the 2017 Alexander City Jazz Fest, you may have what it takes to be a big winner. Winner will put folding money in his (or her) pocket, a T-shirt bearing the winning art on his back and VIP parking passes for both nights on his dashboard.
As in the past, this year’s winning design will be printed on high-quality, commemorative posters as well as on T-shirts.
Anybody can submit artwork to the Jazz Fest committee, from amateurs to professional artists and graphic designers of all ages.
The overall winning artist will receive $250, a table at Friday night’s event, recognition as the official ACJF Poster Artist, and VIP parking.
• All entries must be received by Friday, March 17, at 4 p.m.
• Entries may be dropped off at the Alexander City Chamber of Commerce, emailed as a JPG or PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org, or sent via regular mail to:
Jazz Fest Poster Contest
Attn: Robert Gunn
2544 Willow Point Road
Alexander City, AL 35010
• Fine art and digital design will be accepted.
• Art in file format should be vector format like Illustrator (.eps, or .ai), or Photoshop .psd, high resolution 300dpi, text (fonts provided) on layers.
• Minimum of 65-line screen if computer generated.
• Be vertical and no larger than 16” x 20”
• There is no cost for entry and a limit of 3 entries per artist.
• Entries need to include “27th Annual Alexander City Jazz Fest and “June 9 – 10, 2017” in the design to be considered.
• Artist name and phone number printed on the back of artwork or included in the email if submitted electronically.
By submitting a design for consideration, the artist agrees to the following terms and conditions:
• The chosen design will become property of the Alex City Jazz Fest.
• Artist must design and execute a FOUR COLOR (four separate colors – remember black is a color, no color blending or shading), screen print ready poster design suitable for reproduction by the Alex City Jazz Fest.
• Student winners will receive $25.00 and a plaque, are qualified for the overall contest .
• The ACJF will retain the exclusive right to use the poster, poster art and any details thereof, in color, black and white and/or any variation in promotional materials in perpetuity including, but not limited to, brochures, flyers, print advertisements, web pages and television promotions.
• Artist will sign and number posters for sale by the ACJF.
• The ACJF will retain all proceeds from the sale of this poster, and exclusive right to production.
• The artist may be required to attend promotional events prior to and during to the festival.