Multiple programs, musical events planned to commemorate the seasonPublished 8:01pm Tuesday, December 3, 2013
Many of the local area’s churches and organizations are set to hold special musical events and programs to commemorate the holiday season.
Listed below are the schedule of events, along with who is hosting them and when they will take place.
- Faith Christian Academy will present its annual Christmas musical “It All Happened in the Country” at 6 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 5 in the Faith Temple Church Sanctuary.
- The First Baptist Church of Alexander City choir and orchestra will perform “In the Fullness of Time” starting on Friday, Dec. 6 at 7 p.m. The production, which takes place at the church – will be held again on Saturday, Dec. 7 at 7 p.m. and Sunday, Dec. 8 at 11 a.m.
- On Dec. 8 at 9:30 a.m., Red Ridge United Methodist Church will present a Christmas Cantata entitled “Sing with the Angels,” a musical by Joel Raney. The church choir will perform alongside an orchestra composed of Auburn University and Auburn High School students.
- The Liberty United Methodist Church will present its Christmas Cantata “O Come Let Us Adore Him” at 5 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 8 at the church. A fellowship meal will follow the musical.
- Lake Martin Baptist Church will present “Candles of Christmas” at 6:30 p.m. on Dec. 8.
- The Children’s ministries of Faith Temple Church will present their Christmas program at 10:30 a.m. on Dec. 8. The program will be held at the sanctuary.
- The Pride of Benjamin Russell High School will have its Christmas performance at 7 p.m. on Dec. 12 at the BRHS auditorium.
- Lake Martin Baptist Church’s adult choir will host its Christmas musical “Bethlehem Morning” at 10:30 a.m. on Dec. 15.
- The Faith Temple Church will present a Christmas Cantata titled, “Down from His Glory” in the sanctuary at 10:30 a.m. on Dec. 15.
- The Sixth Street Baptist Church will present “A Night of Worship” starting at 5 p.m. on Dec. 15.
- On Dec. 22, the Calvary Heights Baptist church choir will present its “Bethlehem Morning” cantata on Sunday, Dec. 22 starting at 11 a.m.
If anyone has any events they would like to announce, email email@example.com.