| Kenneth Boone
| Kenneth Boone

Archived Story

Grease fire blazes

Published 10:50am Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Kathy and Curtis Darley’s home, located at 1073 South Road in Alexander City, was badly damaged in a house fire at about 5 p.m. Monday. Alexander City firefighters responded to the scene and extinguished the fire, which sent a thick white cloud of smoke across Highway 280 near Home Depot. The blaze began as grease fire on the kitchen stove that got out of control.



Editor's Picks

Abbett is a great resource for the area

OUR VIEW The Outlook this week featured a story on the official beginning of the sixth term in Office by Tallapoosa County Sheriff Jimmy Abbett. ... Read more

Kilgore ‘all aboard’ for holiday fun

  Rodney Kilgore has spent the last four years portraying popular railroad conductors. For most of the year, he wears striped overalls and goes to ... Read more