What’s open, what’s closedPublished 11:40am Thursday, December 20, 2012
A number of local businesses and offices will have special holiday hours.
Children’s Harbor: The Children’s Harbor Thrift Store will be closed Dec. 28–29.
U.S. Post Office: The Dadeville post office will close at noon Dec. 24 and will be closed Dec. 25. It will also be closed Jan. 1.
Chamber of Commerce: The Dadeville Area Chamber of Commerce will be closed Dec. 24–25 and Jan. 1.
Library: The Dadeville Public LIbrary will be closed Dec. 24–25 and Jan. 1.
Courthouse: The Tallapoosa County Courthouse will be closed Dec. 24–25.
Schools: Tallapoosa County Schools will close early Dec. 21 and remain closed through Jan. 8.
City Hall: Dadeville City Hall will be closed Dec. 24–25 and Jan. 1.
Town Hall: New Site Town Hall will close Dec. 24 at noon and remain closed through Dec. 27. It will also close Dec. 31 and Jan. 1.
Banks: The following local banks will have special hours for the holidays:
- Aliant Bank will close Dec. 24 at noon and remain closed Dec. 25. It will close Dec. 31 at 2 p.m. and remain closed Jan. 1
- PNC Bank will close at 2 p.m. Dec. 24 and remain closed Dec. 25. It will close at 4 p.m. Dec. 31 and remain closed Jan. 1
Grocery stores, convenience stores and pharmacies: The following grocery and convenience stores and pharmacies will have special hours for the holidays:
- Piggly Wiggly is scheduled to have regular hours but may close early if the store is not busy
- Food Land will close at 6 p.m. Dec. 24 and Dec. 31 and be closed Dec. 25 and Jan. 1
- Fred’s Store will close at 6 p.m. Dec. 24 and remain closed Dec. 25. It will be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Dec. 31 but open for regular hours Jan. 1.
- Rite Aid will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Dec. 24 and will be closed Dec. 25. It will be open regular hours Dec. 31 and Jan. 1.